- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Malaga Wine Museum (4 mi / 6.4 km)
- Church of La Encarnacion (4 mi / 6.5 km)
- Ojen Olive Oil Mill Museum (6.5 mi / 10.5 km)
- Plaza de Toros Marbella (7.9 mi / 12.7 km)
- Vistillas: Traditional Ceramic and Ethnographic Museum (8 mi / 12.9 km)
Shanti-Som is located in the beautiful area of Sierra de las Nievas. The natural park Sierra de las Nieves is located in the hills behind Marbella and to the east of the Ronda-Marbella road as it winds up the mountain along hairpin bends. The park centres on Mount Torrecilla (1909m) and covers an area of 30km by 20km or 18,530 hectares.
The district of the Sierra de las Nieves is bounded to the south by the western Costa del Sol, to the east by the Guadalhorce Valley, to the west by the Sierra of Ronda and to the north by the district of Guadalteba.
Apart from a few villages, which form a rural mountain community, this isolated area is largely uninhabited, and has seen very little human influence or activity, such as agricultural cultivation. For this reason, it has an unusually rich variety of indigenous flora (pine, fir, ash, chestnut, wild olive and oak trees, as well as juniper) and fauna, including mountain goat and muflon. As the name suggests, the park is sometimes snow-covered in winter.