Welcome to our COVID-19 information resource page for the latest updates on the steps we are taking at
Shanti-Som to keep our guests and team safe.
Of significance, Shanti-Som has been awarded the Andalucia Segura certificate by the Ministry of Tourism of Andalucia. This endorses certain businesses in the tourism sector who comply with international health standards set by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Guests can feel confident that all the required checklists have been met and ongoing inspections are carried out to ensure compliance. The certification can be withdrawn at any stage if the establishment fails to comply with any of the standards set by the Ministry of Tourism.
This certification guarantees we will continue to uphold high standards of health and safety every day throughout the hotel facilities and services.
Key strategies for ensuring the safety of our guests and staff as well as COVID-19 information on our SOPs can be found here.
Flexible Bookings & Cancellations:
Book your Retreat stress free with our fully flexible booking and cancellation policy.
COVID-19 Information on Booking Amendments:
- You can make up to 5 changes to the date of your booking provided that the change is made no less than 7 days before arrival and for stays no later than 31st December 2022.
- Complimentary date changes are subject to availability and must be made within the same rate criteria (e.g. special offer rates, weekday to weekday and not within festive periods, public holidays) or be subject to additional top up. Additional surcharges may apply if changes are requested within peak season.
COVID-19 Information Payment Policy:
- For stays before 1 July 2021, deposits will be charged 7 days prior to arrival.
- For stays after 1 July 2021, the deposit will be taken upon confirming the booking.
COVID-19 Information Cancellation Policy:
- Reservations can be cancelled if requested 7 days before arrival.
Complimentary health insurance:
Junta de Andalucia is offering free Covid-19 insurance to all non-resident foreign visitors who are travelling to the Andalucia region.
This initiative is automatically offered to travellers staying in any type of regional government regulated hotel (yes, that’s us!). It applies regardless of age limit, and will run from 1 January to 31 December 2021.
Coverage applies without any age limit and it is not necessary to contact the insurance, if you meet all the requirements, guests will be automatically covered.
This scheme covers:
• Medical, surgical and hospitalisation costs
• Medical costs of transportation and repatriation
• Transportation and repatriation
• Transportation and repatriation in the event of death due to Covid-19
• Costs for the extended stay at a hotel by the insured and companions (including quarantine)
For more information visit the website from Junta de Andalucía.
COVID-19 INFORMATION ON on-site testing:
We offer on-site COVID-19 testing prior to departure should your home country require a negative test result before returning. All testing is performed on our premises by certified practitioners so you can feel at ease in the comfort and privacy of our hotel without worrying about finding a clinic.
Please note test results are returned within 24 hours but not available on Sunday. Reservations should be made 7 days prior to departure, please contact us once your Retreat is confirmed to make arrangements.
COVID-19 information ABOUT key strategies:
- Social Distancing
- Compulsory wearing of face masks for all staff and guests
- Temperature checking for all staff and guests upon entry. Anyone recorded with a temperature will be refused entry for the safety of guests and staff.
- Good personal hygiene, hand washing and provision of hand sanitizers
- Sanitization of frequent touch points throughout the hotel
- Rigorous team training on new operating procedures
Entrance & check-in:
- We kindly ask you to inform us of your arrival time so we can stagger guests entry and book your activities, treatments etc for social distancing purposes.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask upon entering and throughout the hotel.
- There will be disinfectant carpets outside the hotel entrance to clean your shoes before entering.
- Use the hand sanitizer to clean your hands before entering.
- Our staff will take your temperature upon entry. The thermometers are contact free.
- Social distancing protocols of 1.5 metres with other clients will be maintained in all our facilities.
- You will have to carry your own luggage to the room. If you need any help, please let us know.
- Our reception staff will wear mouth protection.
- Breakfast will be served a la carte.
- Tables will be set up with sufficient distance according to social distancing protocols.
- Restaurant times for breakfast is 9-10.30 am, lunch is 1.30-4pm and dinner commences from 7.30pm with last orders at 8.15pm.
- Our waiters will wear mask/mouth protection.
- Between each Spa treatment there will be allocated time for disinfection before a new guest enters.
- Before your treatment, please use the hand sanitizer and follow the instructions of our Spa staff.
- You can wear a mask during your treatment if you wish. Our Staff wears mouth/nose protection and gloves
Sauna & Steam Room:
- The use of our Sauna and Steam Room will be limited to 2 persons in the Sauna and 3 persons in the Steam Room at any given time.
- Sauna & Steam Rooms will be turned on upon request during the established opening hours from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- Sauna & Steam Rooms will be cleaned and disinfected every day.
Personal training and Yoga:
- The group activity classes will be limited to 10 pax including the teacher. This way we are ensuring the social distancing protocols. If there are more clients, the classes will be split up.
- Personal trainers shall clean the equipment after each use.
- Where possible we will take classes to the outside pavilion.
- Strict cleaning measurements will be taken as per the Spanish law and we ask for your collaboration to ensure your health and safety.
- The staff will never enter the room with the client inside, except in case of emergency and with the authorization of the client.
- Once the client has checked out of their room it will undergo deep cleaning before the next client can check-in.
- Please maintain the social distance of 1.5 M and do not leave your towel and belongings in the pool area.
- The maximum capacity will be 14 people.
- You can order your drink in the restaurant to take to the swimming pool. Unfortunately there will be no pool service during these times.
- Sunbeds, umbrellas and handrails will be disinfected several times per day.
- You will find your swimming pool towel in your room. If you require a clean one, just place the used one in the towel bag which you will find in your room, and our Reception staff will provide you with a clean swimming pool towel.
We look forward to welcoming you to Shanti-Som Retreat very soon.